WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INTERN FOR SEPTEMBER 15TH - OCTOBER 13TH to help us install, promote, and run the show Quilt Mountain which is an exhibition in ArtPrize 2014
Quilt Mountain is a collaborative participatory exhibition of textiles, performances and workshops presented by local artists: Kate Garman, Rose Beerhorst, Sally England, Marlee Grace Hanson, and Eliza Fernand.
An immersive installation and performance space, this exhibition explores the traditions of quilting, macrame, and needlework. Join us at Have Company (136 Division Avenue South) September 24th through October 12th to watch a performance, learn a new skill, and experience a fresh perspective on fiber arts.
below is a short list of some of the things we look for in an intern
- must be able to work in the shop Wednesdays from 4-8pm
- interest & enthusiasm for handmade objects for the home, radical literature, and contemporary design
- knowledge about sewing, textiles, quilts, and handcrafts
- excellent communication skills and finds a balance between taking direction and being self motivated
- good writing & photography skills and an interest in generating content for our blog
- want to have a total blast and have the best time
to be considered please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERNSHIP as the subject line :
A cover letter explaining why you want to work at Have Company during this exhibition. What are you hoping to get out of this internship? What are you most interested in about working in the shop? The blog, book making, installing the show? We want to get a feel for who you are and what you like to do!
A list of 10 artists/designers/makers are you are really excited about right now. Your dream collaborators, favorite movie stars, bloggers, anyone that would help us get a feel to see if your aesthetic matches ours!
please also include a current resume
interns benefit from an employee discount, learning alongside working professionals in the art field, and able to make connections for future employment. we believe in the sharing of knowledge and proper compensation - if you have other suggestions for trade or barter we are open to hearing it! school credit is available for all interns